Galway Visitor Attractions
Top 10 Things to Do in Galway
- Take a leap of faith from the high diving board at Blackrock
- Have cosy pint in one of the famous watering holes.
- Relax and enjoy the sunshine in Eyre Square, just take it all in.
- Listen to the buskers and savour the atmosphere on Quay Street
- Walk the Salthill prom and kick the wall for luck.
- Appreciate the magnificent, rugged and wild Connemara landscape
- Listen to traditional musician just picking up a tune in on of the old bars
- Eat your fill of local seafood at one of Galway’s fine dining establishments
- Party at one of Galway’s many famous festivals
- Take a trip to one of the many islands - for a taste of old Ireland
Galway’s shopping streets are just a few minutes walk away. Galway is a unique shopping experience with a wide range of shops to cater for the tastes of both visitors and locals. As well as the highstreet shops, there is an interesting variety of specialist and tourist orientated shops, which offer unique and interesting gifts.
Galway City Tours
Lally ‘s Guided Tours
Enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of a cruise on board the luxurious Corrib Princess. Sailing from Woodquay in the heart of Galway city, along the famous Steamers Line, which is the lakes traditional trade route. The journey takes passengers along the majestic River Corrib and onto the lake providing visitors with unsurpassed views of the historic monuments and natural amenities that make this the most spectacular waterway in Ireland.
The West of Ireland offers a wide range of golf courses to challenge golfing enthusiasts. Enjoy a round of golf that combines the excitement of truly magnificent golf with some of the most beautiful and unspoilt scenery in Europe.
The Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway is located within easy access of many championship golf courses in the area. The Galway Golf Club, Salthill is 5km, Bearna Golf course is 10km, Galway Bay Golf and Country Club, Oranmore is 14km and Cregmore Golf Course is 12km from the hotel. Other championship courses within driving distance are Oughterard, Connemara, Gort, Tuam, Claremorris and Ballinrobe.
ConcertsTrad on the prom
The Galway Sessions
Galway Cathedral Recitals
Music at the crossroads
Music events in Galway
SportsTour de Bog Cycle
Rusheen Riding Centre
Galway United Football Club
Galway Race Course
Click here to find out about even more great activities Galway has to offer.
Other activities can be arrange off-site, click here for further exciting suggestions.